We have upgraded to Moodle to version 2.2. This release brings new features and fixes. You can see details at release notes. Highlights of this release include:
- Grading rubrics: You can now enter rubric-based grades into Moodle. We'd love to explore this functionality with a few faculty members. If you're interested please contact the Helpdesk.
- IMS Common Cartridge Import: Moodle now supports importing textbook publisher-provided course cartridges in the IMS common cartridge format. If your publisher provides materials in this format and you can help us test this please contact the Helpdesk.
- MyMobile theme: You can see this by visiting moodle.emu.edu from your smartphone or tablet.
This release also includes fixes for several specific bugs that EMU users have reported:
- Fixed: Teacher(s) are listed in gradebook
- Fixed: Users cannot delete wiki pages
- Fixed: File uploaded by teacher in response to assignment not seen by student(s)
We're tracking these and other bugs in the Moodle FAQs under a new 'Known Bugs/Issues' section. We'll be working to keep this updated and--since it's a wiki--faculty can add comments and issues as well.
We have also made some changes unrelated to the Moodle version upgrade:
- We enabled a new theme. Many of you have been testing this for the last month. Today we made it the default theme for everyone.
- We made some database changes that should improve Moodle performance and eliminate occasional slowness.