How do You Automatically enroll students in a Meta-Course?
Linking enrollment between one or more courses is an ideal way to provide resources common between multiple classes. For instance, all nursing courses are currently linked to Nursing "Meta-Courses." This allows faculty to manage content in one location that is of value and common to muiltiple courses.
If you would like all of the students enrolled in your course to be automatically enrolled in another course, the course will need to be specified to be a meta linked course.
A teacher will only be able to choose from courses they are assigned as a teacher.
Basically when a student is enrolled in any course, they will be automatically enrolled in any meta courses associated with the course.
You will want to go under the section of the course that you want to use in Moodle and follow these instructions:
- In a course, go to the Administration block> Course administration > Users > Enrolment methods.
- Click the dropdown menu under the enrolment methods and select 'Course meta link'.
- In the screen that comes up next, select from the dropdown box the course you wish to bring enrolments from and then click 'Add method'.
- Note 1: A teacher in a course will only be able to choose from courses they are teachers in elsewhere.
- Note 2: To add more courses, add another instance of the course meta link.
- The users from the child course will now be enrolled in the current course - see the numbers in the screenshot below:
- When new users are enrolled to the child course, they will be automatically brought into the current metacourse.
Some of this content is derived from http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Course_meta_link and available under GNU General Public License.