A collection of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Moodle at EMU.
New in Moodle 3.5
On July 19, 2018 EMU upgraded Moodle to version 3.5. Below are a few of the changes and upgrades you will see.
- Enhanced Moodle Dashboard. - You can add a course image on the Course Settings page which will be visible on the students Dashboard
- Enhancements to the quiz, question bank - When adding questions to your question bank you can now tag these questions and then later filter by these tags.
- Annotate PDF available for assignments - With this feature enabled, Word Doc files, Google Doc files and PDF files will be converted to PDF and allow for annotation within Moodle. This means that you do not need to download student assignments to add notes, this can be done in the browser. Note: Assignments created before July 19, 2018 or imported from assignments created before July 19, 2018 will require an extra step to enable this feature.
- Turnitin now available in in the Assignment Activity - Turnitin can be enabled in any assignment.
- Glossary auto linking enabled - this feature when turned on will auto link words used in a course back to a course wide glossary.
- New Collapsed Topics formatting
We will be updating these and all Moodle documentation in the FAQs over the next few weeks.
EMU - Moodle Support Team