A collection of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Moodle at EMU.
How do I combine course sections?
You will want to go under the section of the course that you want to use in Moodle and follow these instructions:
- In a course, go to the Administration block> Course administration > Users > Enrolment methods.
- Click the dropdown menu under the enrolment methods and select 'Course meta link'.
- In the screen that comes up next, select from the dropdown box the course you wish to bring enrolments from and then click 'Add method'.
- Note 1: A teacher in a course will only be able to choose from courses they are teachers in elsewhere.
- Note 2: To add more courses, add another instance of the course meta link.
- The users from the child course will now be enrolled in the current course - see the numbers in the screenshot below:
- When new users are enrolled to the child course, they will be automatically brought into the current metacourse.
Some of this content is derived from http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Course_meta_link and available under GNU General Public License.