We have upgraded to Moodle 2.3. This release brings new features and fixes.
- Course interface - the course formats have been enhanced to make it quicker and easier to create and manage your course. Everything in your course can be dragged around the screen, and files and links can be dragged and dropped straight from your desktop. A slick new activity chooser makes it fast and easy to add activities at any time. When your course gets long, split it into multiple pages.
- Files and repositories - it's now a lot easier and prettier to manage files anywhere in Moodle
- Assignment module - this critical assessment module has been completely rewritten from the ground up, fixing a lot of quirks and providing a good foundation for more growth in Moodle 2.4. As well as that, a new Advanced grading method called "Marking guide" has been added, with features like canned comments.
Additional details at http://moodle.org/news/#p896147
- QuickMail - The quickmail block adds a link to a tool that has a checkbox list of all students in the course, and a mail composition text area. You can check the students you like, and email those and only those. This enhances the existing communications systems of messaging (one user) and subcribed forums (all subscribers) by allowing teachers to select a specific subset of students.
Additional details at http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Quickmail_block
This release also includes fixes for several specific bugs EMU users have reported:
- Import search list only checks first 250 courses to list.
- Topic summaries are not imported when doing a course import.
- Large gradebook won't save changes.
- Import issues for question sets
- Forum Advanced Search doesn't work when "Post must be older than this:" is checked.